Cairns Boutique Walking Tours is the culmination of Jane and Helen’s shared passions for travel, food, wine, cocktails and people. We are former social workers who spent many years in the Cairns community caring for people during their most challenging times. We are now embracing a new chapter and intend to share the wonders and the very best of Cairns with visitors and locals alike.
As social workers supporting people through life and death events, we learnt what really matters in life – and that is, time is precious. It’s about how we spend it and who we spend it with. It’s about the journey – the experiences, the memories and the relationships we form along the way.
Essentially, we are lovers of the finer things in life – gourmet food, wines and cocktails and are devoted to seeking out the best there is! The enjoyment of discovering and savouring things is enhanced by the joy in sharing them with others.
The heart of what we do is helping people make special, fun memories of Cairns and its people that can be taken home and treasured. Afterall, the moments we share are the memories we keep forever.
We sincerely believe that not all who wander are lost. Taking time to explore and satisfy our curiosities nurtures the soul. The value is in the journey, not the destination – and it would be our privilege to share a few steps of your unique and memorable journey in Cairns.
Our values are at the centre of everything we do. Not only do they inform how we think, but more importantly they inform how we act, personally and professionally. As former social workers we could talk about our values forever, but here we will try to keep it brief and to the point!
- Sharing information so that informed decisions can be made – whether that is about how you choose to spend your time in Cairns, encouraging creativity and risk taking in our staff or taking the next steps in growing our business.
- We are committed to helping people and communities become stronger, more confident and more in control – we focus on building on existing strengths so that together we can all live more fully and achieve more.
- Increasingly, our worlds seem busier than ever with so many competing demands for our time. We understand time is our most valuable resource. We aim to save you time searching out what to do in Cairns by sharing what we know and taking you to the best places.
- We see valuing time as mindfully choosing how we spend it and how we occupy other people’s time.
- Time spent well gives us memories to last a lifetime
- We have a genuine respect of others. We want to leave everyone we meet feeling appreciated and cared for. Every day we choose to practice kindness, mostly with small gestures, but also with the odd grand gesture thrown in where we can!
- We are committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals – 17 goals that will make our world a better place.
- We are a walking tour, leaving a negligible impact on our environment.
- We aim to conduct most of our business online and consciously use as little paper as possible. This means we don’t print thousands of glossy brochures to leave in tourist information centres or require printed tickets.
- We actively avoid using or encouraging the use of single-use plastics, which far too often end up on our reef, killing our marine life. We provide reusable bags and water bottles.
- We value experiences over things – and the science says we are not alone on that, with experiences bringing us the greatest joy and satisfaction.
- We will strive to continue to review and improve our practices because as Ernest Hemingway said, ‘the Earth is a fine place and worth fighting for”.
Why Choose us?
- We are Cairns’ premium walking tour company, offering an outstanding level of service, specially selected venues and more inclusions
- We know Cairns and can save you time searching out the best things to do – and possibly missing them
- Our groups are small (a maximum of eight) so you get lots of personal attention and we can make suggestions about what else you might like to do in Cairns… such as where to eat after your tour ends, where to find a hidden waterfall or where the best beach is.
- We are a small locally owned and operated business, with the flexibility to deliver dynamic contemporary tours that reflect customer and community changing requests
- We are committed to sustainable environmental practices – leave only footprints, take unforgettable memories when you walk with us